Thank you for your interest in the Vitality 4 Life Pellet program. In order to determine if you are a candidate for bioidentical hormones there are several things we need in order to assess your
health and determine your dose. Prior to your appointment, you will need to complete the following tasks:
- Documentation of screening tests:
- Prior to starting pellet therapy we will need documentation of the following tests:
- Prostate Exam - within the last year
- Get your blood drawn:
- As part of your initial consultation, we will review any labwork you have had done within the previous 12
months. If you have not had any previous labwork done or if additional tests need to be ordered, we will give you a prescription for bloodwork at your consultation appointment. We recommend that you abstain from intercourse for 48 hours prior to your blood draw and we recommend that your labs be drawn in the morning prior to 11am. Take the
prescription to a local lab where your blood will be drawn. Make sure that the lab you choose is covered by your insurance. Also note that some patient's
insurance policies require that their primary care doctor order the blood testing.
- Once we receive the results of lab testing (approximately 1 week later), we will call you to discuss the
results and treatment recommendations. If you have not heard from our office within 14 days of your blood draw, please call us to confirm that we have received the results.
- Complete the New Patient forms:
- The contents of the information packet are your first step toward getting started on the road
to renewed vitality. Please take time to read through the following information carefully and answer all questions as accurately as you can. If you have any questions prior to your appointment,
please feel free to contact our office at 217-839-4761.